Purple Strategies is a corporate reputation and strategy firm that combines the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
We operate in a highly collaborative environment and apply integrated team-based approaches to help clients:
- ANTICIPATE reputation challenges and opportunities;
- COMPEL change through business actions and transformation;
- NAVIGATE reputation issues, acute crises, key business choices and policy/regulatory changes to inform decision-making.
Purple helps the world’s most important organizations address their toughest challenges.
The manager is responsible for playing a significant organizational role within a client team to drive forward our campaigns and ensure we are delivering thoughtful and strategic work in a timely and consistent manner.
We’re looking for smart, curious communicators with work experience in any of the following areas:
- Political campaigns or communication focused roles on the Hill;
- Digital-focused communications agencies; or
- Fortune 500 corporate communications experience.
What You'll Do:
Client team support
- Act as a client-facing team member to support the development and execution of campaigns across multiple channels and targeting stakeholders.
- Develop detailed project plans to track campaign progress; coordinate internal and external resources making sure client work is delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Manage the internal client team on day-to-day execution.
- Provide effective support to team members at all levels across the organization, including managing senior-level executives and overseeing the work of associate-level employees.
High-quality deliverable strategy and execution support
- Support the development of strategy, campaign plans, activation recommendations and performance reports.
- Own the pen on first drafts of client deliverables, inserting a strong point-of-view and providing actional recommendations.
- Support, and when needed, lead content creation for campaign execution, managing the development of polished deliverables with keen attention to detail in both memo and presentation format.
- Offer strategic input for clients and internal teams on campaign channel coordination, bringing an in-depth understanding of all engagement channels forward to deliver our campaign content as effectively as possible.
- Contribute to Purple’s growth and success, including assisting on new business proposals, drafting thought leadership materials and participating in group learning and activities.
What We're Looking For:
- 4-7 years of political, corporate communication, and/or agency experience.
- Strong digital strategy experience and knowledge.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Superb writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organization, client service and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple projects at once and adapt to change when needed.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is polished and professional.
- Open-minded and respectful to multiple points of view; comfortable collaborating closely with others.