Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that integrates insights, strategy and politically-inspired campaign activation to help leverage or reduce pressure on a business, brand or issue. We help build and defend reputation and brand value and serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Purple’s creative team is seeking a strong, highly-motivated Copywriter to join us at an exciting, growth-oriented time for the firm. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic and rising professional who is interested in supporting high-profile clients and building incredible content. Purple is an “all green lights” environment where we don’t say no to client challenges; instead, we figure out great, smart solutions to them. And our creative gurus are no different – they have a variety of hot deadlines and are a solutions-oriented group of self-starters who love to wow and delight clients.
The Copywriter will be located at our Headquarters in Alexandria, VA and operates at an Associate or Manager level within Purple.
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice. Edit and proof copy as needed.
- Understand and employ brand voice and brand standards.
- Interpret creative briefs to understand writing assignments and project requirements.
- Collaborate with Designers, Art Directors, Creative Directors, Strategists and other professionals on creative work.
- Responsible for helping to execute campaign concepts across a number of mediums — social assets, short videos, newsletter content, print ads, podcast copy and more.
- Provide support to the client strategy team(s), including Strategists and Campaign Managers, by providing creative expertise and delivering best in class creative across digital, traditional and experiential mediums.
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions and concept presentations, i.e. storyboards, mood boards, ADLOBS, and present ideas to internal and external teams, where appropriate.
- Responsible for developing: creative ideas that address client objectives; tactics that further those concepts; and action-oriented planning, working documents and other communications that express those strategic and tactical ideas clearly and convincingly.
What We're Looking For:
- 3-5 years’ industry experience, preferably within an agency environment, with a strong focus on writing required. Bachelor’s degree or design/portfolio school equivalent preferred.
- Experience copywriting a must.
- Desire to work on diverse and challenging client deliverables, to include projects for a Fortune 10 energy company whose focus is on building content-heavy, global advocacy campaigns.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and accountable.
- Well-developed communication skills, with the ability to interact and work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required; experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications also necessary.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% time for client work in order to build trust, establish rapport and execute on deliverables.