Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that blends the creativity of brand communications, the discipline of management consulting, and the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world. We operate in a highly innovative, highly collaborative environment and apply integrated team-based approaches to help our clients prepare for, confront and compel change.
At Purple, we work to provide data-driven insights to our clients based on a wide variety of data sources, including primary research. We’re looking for a research manager whose core responsibilities will be designing, fielding, analyzing and reporting/presenting quantitative and qualitative research. At the same time, the ideal candidate will think beyond these traditional data sources and incorporate multiple data streams (such as desk research, first-party data, and digital analytics) into our analysis to create actionable insights that inform client strategies, campaign engagements, earned and paid media plans, and crisis management/rapid response monitoring.
You should love exploring and analyzing data, revel in uncovering hidden insights or trends, and have strong communications and presentation skills to turn data insights into meaningful client deliverables.
This role can be based at Purple's headquarters office in Alexandria, VA or in our Chicago, IL office and holds the internal title of Manager or Director.
What You'll Do:
- Quantitative research management
- Translate research objectives into the best approaches & methods to address those objectives and answer key research questions, including drafting / contributing to research briefs and proposals
- Draft and develop questionnaires according to research best practices
- Develop sampling and weighting plans
- Oversee field process (including vendor management)
- Engage in quantitative data analysis and insight development
- Prepare reports, presentations and memos of key insights
- Qualitative research management
- Manage focus group scheduling and recruitment
- Draft and develop discussion guides
- Prepare reports, presentations and memos of key findings
- Syndicated, public and social data exploration
- Identify new and relevant sources of information
- Mine and synthesize data from multiple data streams / sources of information
- Support the firm with new and unique insights
- Work with integrated / cross-functional client teams to deliver integrated insights that help achieve key client goals
What We're Looking For:
- 7-10 years of experience in political, market research or consumer research; experience with corporate reputation or crisis work is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as social sciences, marketing or math
- Proven experience leading quantitative research from inception through delivery of results; experience utilizing various quantitative analysis techniques (such as cluster/factor analysis, regression/key driver analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- Demonstrated success translating research results into actionable recommendations that had a significant impact on brand/marketing/media strategy
- Ability to create powerful stories led by data and insights and present complex research data (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear, compelling, visual manner that inspires action
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word; statistical software such as R or SPSS a plus
- Strong organizational, time management, writing, and communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to consistently influence senior-level leaders and comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Ability to prioritize own work effectively and adapt to changing situations and a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and willingness to work in a team environment