Purple Strategies is a corporate reputation and strategy firm that combines the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits, and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
We operate in a highly collaborative environment and apply integrated team-based approaches to help clients:
- ANTICIPATEreputation challenges and opportunities
- COMPELchange through business actions and transformation
- NAVIGATEreputation issues, acute crises, key business choices, and policy/regulatory changes to inform decision-making
Purple helps the world’s most important organizations address their toughest challenges.
The Resource & Business Operations Manager is a critical contributor to the Human Resources team and will collaborate closely with the operations group, expertise centers, and client teams, to maximize putting the right resources in the right roles to best serve our clients. This role ensures delivery excellence.
The Resource & Business Operations Manager will be well versed in the service offerings of Purple Strategies as well as the capabilities of our colleagues. In collaboration with the Managing Director of Human Resources and Managing Director, of Client Services, the Resource & Business Operations Manager will drive the deployment, staffing, and learning & development decisions with the goal of balancing workload, optimizing utilization, and strengthening processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated professional who is excited about contributing to Purple’s trajectory by helping our organization be more agile in the ever-evolving markets we work with, providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. This is a role that will leverage your ability to impact results and improve organizational effectiveness.
This is a Hybrid workplace opportunity based at Purple's headquarters office in Alexandria, VA.
What You'll Do:
Agency and Client Team Operations
- Advise business leaders on opportunities to optimize deployment strategy and operations in support of evolving business and talent priorities.
- Work with the Managing Director of Human Resources and operations leaders to ensure strong team structures, including setting expectations for communication cadence, timely performance feedback, and clearly identified role descriptions.
- Cultivate relationships with the client team understanding team dynamics, expertise needs, and individual growth/developmental areas. Help facilitate small group conversations, as needed.
- Support the Managing Director with the collection of monthly resource allocation data (via SmartSheets) and provide initial analyses, track client team and new business opportunity staffing.
- Work with People Team Leads and other client team leaders to map staffing needs to the internal expertise matrix, determining whether existing knowledge and skills are in place.
- Work closely with HR and Operations to create continuity and planning as it relates to immediate or envisioned talent attraction and recruiting needs. Collaborate with key Operations team members on recruitment approaches, targeted sourcing efforts, and attracting top talent by assisting with screening and interviewing candidates.
- Identify and increase utilization of platforms and digital tools used by Operations to improve resource reporting capabilities, analysis of people/team expertise needs, and matrix of expertise/skills. Continuously look for new and innovative technologies that support planning and decision-making as it relates to people and processes.
- Work closely with Human Resources to build upon and evolve the current onboarding program, including a learning and development plan beyond 90 days.
- Develop confidential and appropriate tracking tools for the leadership team, to identify varying levels of talent readiness that feed into an ongoing training program. Play a leadership role in identifying and implementing specific training processes and programs based on need.
- Support both role- and individual-based training needs that align with identified key competencies and connectivity to the Purple Approach; design and develop, in consultation with Human Resources, a continuous, measurable, and comprehensive training program for Purple that tracks effectiveness and participation rates.
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Client Services and Managing Director of Human Resources to ensure the consistent rollout of Purple’s semi-annual performance process.
- Collaborate with Managing Director of Client Services and Managing Director of Human Resources to design a trackable and reportable format for the development of individual growth plans (including the importance of incremental growth opportunities and how these fit into overall growth/career plans), taking into account Purple’s Growth Matrix, performance evaluations, colleague motivations, and firm priorities.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of professional experience in the field of Human Resources, Operations, or related functional area required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience working as an HR Business Partner aligning an organization's talent resources with short and long-term project requirements.
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to tie team members' work capabilities and output to strategic business goals.
- Experienced in extrapolating information for data reporting and analysis to be used in operational reviews and decision making, by the leadership team, related to revenue projections and resource management.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills are a must. A clear ability to navigate change, maintain confidentiality, and thrive within a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment is also critical.
- Deep understanding of and comfort providing guidance across multiple HR and/or Operational functions.
- Tech-savviness, including proficiency with MS Office applications (working knowledge of Excel SmartSheets), ATS and HRIS tools (Greenhouse and Paylocity preferred), and reporting. Is highly detail-oriented and comfortable analyzing, synthesizing, and interpreting data, various metrics, and trends.
- Client-focused, with an interest in organizational development, continuous improvement, and operation effectiveness topics that help innovate and scale programs.
- Experience in Advertising or Public Relations is a strong plus.
Purple Strategies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusiveness Champion.