Purple Strategies is a corporate reputation and strategy firm that combines the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
We operate in a highly collaborative environment and apply integrated team-based approaches to help clients:
- ANTICIPATE reputation challenges and opportunities;
- COMPEL change through business actions and transformation;
- NAVIGATE reputation issues, acute crises, key business choices and policy/regulatory changes to inform decision-making.
Purple helps the world’s most important organizations address their toughest challenges.
Insights fuel our campaigns at Purple Strategies. Serving as a core client team member, the Research Director is responsible for developing and leading research scopes that will inform/drive decisions and action and address client and research objectives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with client teams to identify and answer questions to guide strategy and tactics; developing or contributing to the learning agenda throughout the client engagement and filling knowledge gaps
- Translating client and research objectives into best approach(es) using quantitative, qualitative, digital, secondary, and other approaches
- Directing the collection and analysis of a wide variety of data for client engagements, including but not limited to quantitative and qualitative research, social listening, web traffic and user behavior, financial data, paid media performance metrics, and syndicated audience profiling
- Supervising/managing research team members on daily basis to complete research projects to Purple standards and within deadlines; coaching/directing team mates to elevating their work and make the work better
- Ensuring that the data tell a story (what the data say and what they mean); filtering and highlighting most relevant data; connecting the dots between research and client objectives
- Identifying and reconciling disconnects or gaps across multiple data streams
- Ensuring quality and accuracy of process and research deliverables
- Presenting research findings to internal team members and external client contacts as needed
- Contributing to thought leadership and Purple IP (may include one or more of the following: generating ideas for exploration; designing, analyzing, and reporting proprietary research; leading or contributing to cross-functional teams to create thought leadership; identifying or developing new, innovative methodologies that facilitate holistic approach to delivering insights)
- Contributing to new business development and organic relationship growth
- 14+ years of experience in a senior/leadership role within a strategic communications agency or corporate reputation firm; on a political campaign or polling firm, or at a research, advertising, or marketing firm
- Proven leadership applying research insights to the development and execution of strategic plans and campaigns
- Qualitative and quantitative research techniques to inform reputation, crisis or broader communication strategies
- Non-traditional data and research methods, such as social media monitoring, traditional media analysis, legislative tracking, client/first-party data, syndicated data, etc.
- Political polling or campaign experience
- Experience presenting complex research findings and recommendations in a clear, compelling, visual manner to executive stakeholders
- Ability to integrate research insights into campaigns / strategy / recommendations
Purple Strategies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Champion