About Purple Strategies
Purple Strategies is a corporate reputation and strategy firm that combines the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to help leverage or reduce pressure on a business, brand or issue. We help build and defend reputation and brand value and serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Purple helps the world’s most important organizations address their toughest challenges. We operate in a highly collaborative environment and apply integrated, team-based approaches to help clients:
- ANTICIPATE reputation challenges and opportunities;
- COMPEL change through business actions and transformation; and
- NAVIGATE reputation issues, acute crises, key business choices and policy/regulatory changes to inform decision-making.
About The Position
This is a full-time position in Purple Strategies’ Client and Campaign Expertise Group. The Program Lead has a track record of successful client team management and leadership. They are responsible for building and maintaining trusted client relationships, executing complex engagement campaigns, and managing the work of cross-functional teams within Purple. This is a Director level role that is ideal for a smart and curious leader who has success managing engagement program(s).
In This Position, You Will
- Serve as client management leader who will build and nurture strong, trusted client relationships, respond to client needs, provide smart and relevant counsel, manage client review and approval processes, and set expectations for both clients and internal teams.
- Serve as an internal team leader who can motivate colleagues, own critical elements of work, delegate assignments, effectively distill and translate client knowledge, and manage cross-functional teams as they work to hit agreed upon internal and client-facing milestones.
- Structure and oversee the execution of project plans that support the integration of work across various Purple functions, including research, paid, digital and traditional communications.
- Provide clear direction and support to colleagues at all levels in service of executing high-quality work, and own the quality of deliverables, especially those originally developed by more junior colleagues.
- Work with research and strategic planning colleagues to develop measurement plans that map campaign performance metrics back to those goals.
- Produce thoughtful, client-ready, error-free work that supports stated project objectives and reflects an understanding of client challenges, sound judgement, and achievable opportunities.
- Contribute directly to the execution of campaigns, owning the creation and guiding the delivery of client strategy presentations, client and campaign written communications, and tracking campaign performance.
- Support content creation for campaign execution, managing the development of polished deliverables with keen attention to detail (in both memo and presentation format).
- Work with and provide a point of view to senior-level executives on the work, opportunities for client growth and colleague development.
- Provide clear and thoughtful feedback to colleagues at all levels of the organization and on numerous types of deliverables; potentially serve as a direct manager to more junior colleagues.
- Anticipate and identify opportunities to advance client goals and generate organic growth for Purple with existing clients.
- Contribute to Purple’s growth and success outside of the role, such as assisting on new business proposals and drafting thought-leadership materials.
Qualifications and Experience You Need To Be Successful In This Role
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 10 years of relevant experience in political campaigns or state/federal communications-focused roles, Fortune 500 corporate communications, and/or public relations, issue communications or public affairs agency.
- Client management experience and a strong client success-oriented mindset.
- Strong project and time-management skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to problem solve under pressure.
- Proven editing and proofreading skills.
- Superior writing skills and significant proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Independently motivated with ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Clear and confident verbal communicator, both in conversations and in formal presentations.
- Collaborative and respectful team player who is receptive to feedback and open to different points of view.
- Embodiment of Purple’s values: Adaptable, Collaborative, Curious, Innovative, Industrious, Respectful.
This is a full-time position based in either our Alexandria, VA headquarters or our Chicago office. Purple Strategies offers a hybrid model and seeks employees who are comfortable working in the office for a portion of their workweek. Purple values the camaraderie, connection, inclusion and professional development that in-person interactions provide, yet still recognizes the importance of flexibility and balance in our employees’ lives.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter online at purplestrategies.com/join-our-team/
Purple is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.