About Purple Strategies
Purple Strategies is a corporate reputation and strategy firm that combines the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to help leverage or reduce pressure on a business, brand or issue. We help build and defend reputation and brand value and serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Purple helps the world’s most important organizations address their toughest challenges. We operate in a highly collaborative environment and apply integrated, team-based approaches to help clients:
- ANTICIPATE reputation challenges and opportunities;
- COMPEL change through business actions and transformation; and
- NAVIGATE reputation issues, acute crises, key business choices and policy/regulatory changes to inform decision-making.
About The Position
This is a full-time position in Purple Strategies’ Client and Campaign Expertise Group. The Program Manager will play an important management and implementation-oriented role within our client teams to inform the development and activation of stakeholder engagement programs that achieve a client’s desired outcome.
In This Position, You Will
- Serve as a client-facing team member and support the development and execution of campaigns across multiple channels and for multiple stakeholders.
- Develop detailed overarching project plans that organize client teams, track the team’s progress against all deliverables, establish critical internal milestones, and adapt and plan for important client touchpoints.
- Support the development of holistic multi-channel campaign plans, creative activation plans, client progress reports, and guiding client deliverables including but not limited to agenda, call notes, issue and landscape reviews, stakeholder backgrounders, and other memos.
- Contribute impactful tactical recommendations on the use of paid, digital and earned media for client leaders and company brands, bringing an in-depth understanding of the role of each channel to support planning and use of the channel to achieve an engagement program’s goals.
- Support content creation for campaign execution including error-free and client-ready social media content and search copy, issue backgrounds, and digital content if necessary.
- Track media and information consumption trends for key audience segments, contribute to the creation of audience personas, and consistently contribute tactical ideas that the team can consider for how to best engage audiences during a live engagement program.
- Prioritize your own to-do list in service of the day-to-day execution of multiple tracks of work for potentially multiple clients.
- Support Client Leaders with accounting needs including tracking invoices, expenses, and other billing requirements as needed.
- Contribute to Purple’s growth and success, including conducting new business research and assisting with the drafting of new business proposals and internal growth-oriented offering and marketing programs.
- Stay up to date with our clients’ business and industry trends, emerging technology and new tools that can improve our strategic and tactical recommendations for clients.
- Familiarize with social and traditional media monitoring tools and how these can be used to develop strategic actionable reporting for clients.
Qualifications and Experience You Need To Be Successful In This Role
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of demonstrated political, corporate communications, or agency experience.
- Strong traditional and digital media skills and knowledge, expertise in audience profiling and digital channel/engagement strategy.
- Experience with issue and policy landscape reviews, issue tracking, and report development.
- Superb writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organization, client service and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is polished and professional.
- Embodiment of Purple’s values: Adaptable, Collaborative, Curious, Innovative, Industrious, Respectful.
This is a full-time position based in either our Alexandria, VA headquarters or our Chicago office. Purple Strategies offers a hybrid model and seeks employees who are comfortable working in the office for a portion of their workweek. Purple values the camaraderie, connection, inclusion and professional development that in-person interactions provide, yet still recognizes the importance of flexibility and balance in our employees’ lives.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter online at purplestrategies.com/join-our-team/
Purple is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.