About Purple Strategies
Purple Strategies is a corporate reputation and strategy firm that combines the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to help leverage or reduce pressure on a business, brand or issue. We help build and defend reputation and brand value and serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Purple helps the world’s most important organizations address their toughest challenges. We operate in a highly collaborative environment and apply integrated, team-based approaches to help clients:
- ANTICIPATE reputation challenges and opportunities;
- COMPEL change through business actions and transformation; and
- NAVIGATE reputation issues, acute crises, key business choices and policy/regulatory changes to inform decision-making.
About The Position
We are seeking a People Team Coordinator to join and support our People Team and growing organization. This role is ideal for a developing HR generalist and will work across People Team functions including recruiting, onboarding, payroll, benefits administration, employee experience and other People Team support duties as assigned. In addition, this role will provide day-to-day process coordination and direct administrative support to the People Team and Chief People Officer.
We are looking for an individual who is driven and has a strong inclination for getting things done. Strong attention to detail and communication skills are critical for success in this role. You'll be an integral part of a collaborative team who thrives on working in partnership with employees and supporting the employee experience.
In This Position, You Will
The People Team Coordinator will perform a variety of tasks, grouped as follows:
Recruiting and Onboarding
- Assist the People Team in full cycle recruitment functions including, scheduling and coordinating interviews and internal hiring meetings, administering third-party reference and background checks, and maintenance functions within the Applicant Tracking System (Greenhouse).
- Support the ongoing administration and configuration of onboarding software (Greenhouse), prepare new hire onboarding materials, and schedule and deliver new hire orientations.
General HR, Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Enter and maintain data in the HR/payroll system as directed ensuring accuracy and timeliness, and maintain employee data across other HR systems adhering to established workflows and procedures.
- Perform bi-weekly payroll processing and related payroll functions as directed.
- Support the full cycle administration and compliance of health and welfare benefit programs and support employee benefit education.
- Assist employees with general payroll and benefits-related questions. Respond to state and other agency notices as needed.
- Generate payroll and benefits reports and prepare documents for audits and as needed.
- Manage Purple’s organization chart.
- Maintain and update employee files in a cloud database format ensuring confidentiality, compliance, and proactive organization at all times.
- Complete employment verifications and generate employee letters as assigned.
People Team Support
- Prepare team meeting agendas and proactively track action items/next steps and send reminders to support the team and support work being delivered in alignment with established timelines.
- Provide day-to-day process coordination and direct administrative support to the People Team and Chief People Officer to include actively tracking priorities/to-do’s and other logistical and support functions as assigned.
- Assist in the administration and coordination of efficient and effective people-centered programs, policies, and processes.
Qualifications and Experience You Need To Be Successful In This Role
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of demonstrated and progressive experience in HR or similar role.
- Project management experience and experience supporting a fast-paced team with multiple, quick-turn priorities.
- Experience maintaining HR systems, processing payroll, and administering benefits. Previous experience using Paylocity and Greenhouse highly preferred.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and uphold the strictest confidentiality at all times.
- Proactive and collaborative; motivated by supporting a team and driven to deliver high quality work.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects and prioritize own workload effectively.
- Good judgement with ability to anticipate asks and begin thinking 1-2 steps ahead.
- Has a growth mindset, willing to roll your sleeves up and eager to learn.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer literacy with Mac hardware and Microsoft Office suite. Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills a plus.
- Embodiment of Purple’s values: Adaptable, Collaborative, Curious, Innovative, Industrious, Respectful.
Work Location and Flexibility
This is a full-time position based in our Alexandria, VA headquarters. Purple Strategies offers a hybrid model and seeks employees who are comfortable working in the office for a portion of their workweek. Purple values the camaraderie, connection, inclusion and professional development that in-person interactions provide, yet still recognizes the importance of flexibility and balance in our employees’ lives.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter online at purplestrategies.com/join-our-team/
Purple is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.