Purple Strategies is a corporate reputation and strategy firm that combines the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
We operate in a highly collaborative environment and apply integrated team-based approaches to help clients:
- ANTICIPATEreputation challenges and opportunities;
- COMPELchange through business actions and transformation;
- NAVIGATEreputation issues, acute crises, key business choices and policy/regulatory changes to inform decision-making.
Purple helps the world’s most important organizations address their toughest challenges.
Purple’s creative team is seeking a conceptually-minded, politically-savvy and detail-oriented Copywriter to join us at an exciting, growth-oriented time for the firm. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented professional who is interested in building incredible content — across all media — that supports our roster of world-class clients and their advocacy objectives. The job will be located at our headquarters in Alexandria, VA or in our Chicago, IL office.
- Understand political strategy and translate best messaging into compelling creative concepts.
- Create engaging ideas supported by crisp copy with a distinct voice. Editing and proofing skills are a must, and (this should go without saying) a mastery of good grammar is mandatory.
- Understand and employ our clients’ brand voices and standards.
- Interpret creative briefs to understand assignments and project requirements.
- Collaborate with Designers, Art Directors, Creative Directors, Strategists and other professionals on creative work.
- Responsible for helping to execute campaign concepts across a number of media — social assets, video content, print ads, podcast copy and more.
- Provide support to the client strategy team(s), including Strategists and Campaign Managers, by providing creative expertise and delivering best in class creative across digital, traditional and experiential media.
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions and concept presentations, i.e. storyboards, mood boards, ADLOBS, and present ideas to internal and external teams.
- Responsible for developing creative ideas that address client objectives; tactics that further those concepts; and action-oriented planning, working documents and other communications that express those strategic and tactical ideas clearly and convincingly.
What We're Looking For:
- 5-7 years political or advocacy experience, preferably within a media consulting, public affairs or digital advocacy environment, with a strong focus on writing required. Bachelor’s degree or design/portfolio school equivalent preferred.
- Experience copywriting a must, hands-on production experience a plus.
- Desire to work on diverse and challenging client deliverables, to include projects for a Fortune 10 energy company whose focus is on building content-heavy, global advocacy campaigns.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and accountable.
- Well-developed communication skills, with the ability to interact and work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required; experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications also necessary.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% time for client work and content production.